Raleigh Police Officer Killed
On Thursday afternoon, a gunman opened fire in a neighbourhood in eastern Raleigh, North Carolina, killing at least five people and injuring numerous more, according to authorities.
Police in eastern Raleigh, North Carolina, said that five individuals were killed in the shooting on Thursday, including an off-duty police officer.
“Terror has come to our doorstep this evening. Raleigh has become the nightmare of every town, the governor declared at the press conference. It has been committed in a pointless, horrifying, and infuriating act of violence.
Shortly around 9:30 p.m., the suspect was placed into arrest, according to Borneo. Police described the suspect as a young White male. They have not provided any other information.
Mass Shooting In Raleigh North Carolina
At least five people were killed in the mass shooting that happened in Raleigh North Carolina. Those five were fatally shot, including an off-duty police officer, in Raleigh North Carolina. The authorities said the suspect was contained.
Image Source: Twitter
What Happened In Raleigh North Carolina?
According to Raleigh Mayor Mary-Ann Baldwin, one of the victims was a police officer who was not on duty. A spokesman informed The Washington Post that four people were sent to WakeMed hospital, including a Raleigh police K9 officer who had suffered non-life-threatening wounds. According to Borneo, the incident started at 5 p.m. in the Hedingham neighborhood close to the Neuse River Greenway. The pursuit of the suspect by the authorities lasted for several hours.
Who Is Raleigh Shooting Suspect?
Nearly five hours after the gunfire started, Raleigh Police announced on Twitter that a suspect had been apprehended. According to Lt. Jason Borneo, a police spokesman, the suspect is a juvenile. Borneo declined to comment on the suspect’s motives or confirm his age, stating that the event was still “under investigation.” He was taken into custody at 9.30 p.m.
What Happened To The Victims?
One of the victims was seriously injured. According to a local television station, WRAL, the suspect was also receiving treatment at WakeMed. If the suspect was at the hospital, the hospital spokeswoman would not confirm it.
Roy Cooper, the governor of North Carolina, told reporters that he had instructed the state’s department of public safety to send “all state resources,” including investigators from the bureau of inquiry, to Raleigh.
Disclaimer: The above information is for general informational purposes only. All information on the Site is provided in good faith, however we make no representation or warranty of any kind, express or implied, regarding the accuracy, adequacy, validity, reliability, availability or completeness of any information on the Site.