Who Are Brock Turner Parents And Where Are They Now? Facts To Know About His Family

Brock Turner was 19 years old when he was convicted of sexually assaulting Chanel Miller in 2015. He had been an All-American summer student at Stanford University three times.

He was seen hurting a student who was unconscious outside of a frat party. He was then arrested and charged with more than one felony.

Then, he suddenly left the university before any punishment could be given, and USA Swimming said that Turner couldn’t swim competitively for the team anymore.

Brock Turner

Where are the parents of Brock Turner now?

Brock Turner and his parents are said to be living in the Ohio area right now. According to an early post on dailymail.co.uk, the people of Sugarcreek Township don’t like the fact that a sexual offender lives there.

At the time, one of his neighbors told TMZ that protesters are likely to show up at the Turners’ house over the weekend, and some of them will be carrying guns.

In 2015, a group of protesters, some of whom were armed and carried signs that said “Castrate Rapists” and “No Sympathy for Rapists,” demonstrated in front of the house.

In May 2015, a friend of the Turner family set up a Facebook page to help them raise money for Brock’s defense in court. At the moment, the page has been taken down.

Brock got out of Main Jail South in San Jose in September 2016, and soon after, he went to a nearby hotel to see his parents.

After Brock got out of jail, his father, Dan Turner, said that Brock’s crime was “20 minutes of action.”

VICE signal says that as of 2022, a group of women are using the fact that Turner is known to be a sex offender to protect each other.

Brock Turner’s dad, Dan Turner, and mom, Carleen Turner, have news for you

Brock Turner is the son of Dan and Carleen Turner, who are both from Ohio. At the moment, the family is staying out of the spotlight and staying out of trouble.

His dad, Dan Truner, was a civilian contractor for the Air Force and worked for them. He was in charge of running the technological projects that were needed to make weapons.

During Brock’s trial, his father, Mr. Dan, told the judge that his son shouldn’t have to spend years in prison. He said that the punishment was “appropriate,” which caused a lot of criticism.

On the other hand, Turner’s mother, Carleen, is a certified surgical nurse at Dayton’s Children’s Hospital, which is what was written on her now-deleted LinkedIn page. She had also asked for forgiveness and said that her “beautiful son” was a great person.

In the same way, Carleen helped Brock’s high school team plan activities. In the Samaritan Health Foundation magazine for Spring 2007, there is a story about how the Turner family helps out at the Good Samaritan hospital.

Why did Brock Turner only spend a short time in jail? Where He Is Now

In March 2016, Brock Turner, a student at Stanford, was found guilty of three counts of felony sexual assault.

Even though the prosecution wanted him to get six years in prison, he only got six months.

CNN says that in August 2018, a California appeals court turned down Brock Turner’s appeal. Turner’s lawyer said that there wasn’t enough evidence to keep his client’s three convictions.

In his arguments, Brock’s lawyer Eric Multhaup said that Brock was “fully dressed and engaged in sexual conduct other than intercourse.” This meant that there was no clear intent to do something illegal.

Mr. Multhaup thought that because Turner was dressed, he couldn’t be charged with unlawful assault. Soon after, the appeal was turned down.

In June 2019, the Daily Mail said that Turner was making $12 per hour as an entry-level worker at Tark Inc., a company that makes cooling technologies for medical devices.

Turner still lives in Ohio in 2022, where women use social media to share information about where he is.

One Facebook post said, “Don’t let him leave with a drunk woman. Brock Turner doesn’t belong in public.”

Where is Chanel Miller, the person Brock Turner killed? What Went Wrong With Her?

After getting a lighter sentence for a year, 27-year-old Chanel Miller started writing her book, which came out in September 2019.

The Atlantic says that the book Know My Name: A Memoir “makes literature out of the ongoing trauma of sexual assault.”

The head editor of Viking Books, Andrea Schulz, told The New York Times that it was one of the most important books she had ever put out.

In August 2020, four years after the event that would change Chanel’s life forever, she found another way to help herself. She finds her love of drawing again, which she had almost given up on.

Even when COVID-19 was at its worst, some of her pieces were on display at the Asian Art Museum in San Francisco, which was a modern art museum with glass walls and was open to the public.

She has 268k followers on Instagram, where she goes by the handle @chanel miller and posts photos of her artwork and other cool things she’s doing at the moment.

Brock Turner


He was born in Dayton, Ohio, on August 1, 1995. In 2014, he finished high school at Oakwood. Turner was a freshman at Stanford University on a swimming scholarship when he was arrested. He was 19 years old at the time.

Before Turner was sentenced, the prosecution gave the court a memo about his use of drugs and alcohol in high school and at Stanford. It said that police found photos and messages on Turner’s phone that showed he had used a lot of drugs, like LSD, ecstasy, marijuana extracts, and a lot of alcohol. Turner was arrested in 2014 for having alcohol when he was too young to do so.

The woman Turner was found guilty of assaulting was called “V01” in the redacted police report, “Jane Doe” in the indictment, and “Emily Doe” and “Jane Doe 1” by local and regional newspapers like the San Jose Mercury News, the Stanford Daily, and the Palo Alto Weekly. Doe was a 22-year-old graduate of a different college at the time of her attack.

Caught red-handed

Peter Lars Jonsson and Carl-Fredrik Arndt, two Swedish graduate students, were riding their bikes on the Stanford campus at about 1:00 a.m. on January 18, 2015, when they saw the attack. Arndt and Jonsson say that they found Turner hiding behind a trash can while he was on top of an unconscious woman whose dress had been pulled up to show her genitalia and whose underwear and cell phone had been left next to her. Jonsson and Arndt saw Turner put his hips into the woman, who looked like she was out of it. Jonsson said in court that he went up to Turner and asked, “What the hell are you doing? She’s not awake.” Jonsson says that Turner quickly got up and ran away from the scene. While Arndt went to see if she was still alive, Jonsson chased Turner, tripped him, and held him down about 75 feet (23 meters) from the dumpster while asking, “Why are you smiling?” Later, during the trial, when asked by the assistant district attorney why he was laughing, Turner said that he thought the situation was funny. Then, Arndt joined the chase and helped catch Turner while a third bystander called the police. When the police showed up, Turner was arrested on suspicion of trying to rape a woman.

A deputy sheriff said that the victim was unconscious at the scene, and when she got to the hospital, shouting and shaking her shoulders did not wake her up. At 4:15 in the morning, she woke up. [38] She later said at Turner’s trial that when she woke up, she had pine needles in her hair and on her body, and dried blood on her hands and elbows. She told police that she didn’t remember being alone with a man at night and that she didn’t agree to any sexual activity. At the hospital, the victim’s skin was found to have scratches and erythema. One nurse who was part of the hospital’s Sexual Assault Response Team found that the woman had suffered both significant trauma (physical injuries, bruises, etc.) and penetrating trauma (injuries that go deep into the body) (piercing and cutting injuries).

Turner and the person who was killed had both been to a party at the Kappa Alpha fraternity earlier that night. During the trial, the victim’s sister said that Turner, a man she had never met before, had tried to kiss her twice but she had pushed him away both times. She also said that Turner and the victim never talked to each other at the party. A police report written the morning after the incident says that Turner first told police that he met the victim outside the fraternity house and left with her. He also said that he didn’t know what her name was and that he wouldn’t recognize her if he saw her again.

Turner told police that he met the victim at the Kappa Alpha house, where they “drank beer together” and “walked out of the house holding hands.” He also said that he took off her clothes and kissed her while she rubbed his back. Turner then told her he felt sick and needed to throw up. Turner said he got up and started walking away to throw up, but then he heard someone talking to him in a language he didn’t understand. He then heard the same person talking to someone else in a foreign language. Turner first said he didn’t run away from the two Swedish graduate students, but he later admitted that he did. Turner said at his trial that he and the victim drank beer, danced, and kissed at the party, and that they both agreed to go back to the victim’s room. Turner said that the victim had fallen down a slope behind a wooden shed. He then got down on his knees and kissed the victim. Turner said that he then asked her if he could “finger” her, and she said yes. He said that while they were kissing, he “fingered” her for a minute and then they “dry humped.” Turner said in court that he fell down a slope and was met by Jonsson and Arndt, who said things like, “You’re sick” and “Do you think that’s OK?” Turner said in court that he didn’t understand what they were talking about. [45] Turner said he ran away when Jonsson tried to lock his arms together.

Alaleh Kianerci, the prosecuting attorney, and the victim both said that Turner’s story at trial was made up.

Kianerci told the jury that, “He can write the script because she can’t remember anything. But just because he wrote the script doesn’t mean that smart jurors have to believe it.” The person who was being accused said that Turner’s testimony was “a strange new story that almost sounded like a badly written young adult novel.”


Turner said in his statements that he drank five Rolling Rock beers and two sips of Fireball whiskey in a friend’s room at first, and then later had more beer, for a total of nine drinks.

Tests done after Turner was arrested showed that his blood alcohol level was 0.171% at 1 a.m. He said in court that he remembered what had happened that night. Emily Doe’s blood alcohol level was measured at 0.12% in a hospital a few hours after the attack. Doctors estimated that her level of intoxication at 1 a.m., when the attack is thought to have happened, was around 0.22%, or 0.242-0.249%. She told the police that she didn’t remember anything that happened from the time she got to the party until she woke up in the hospital more than three hours later. Just before 1 a.m., Doe called her boyfriend on the phone and left a voicemail message, which the prosecution would later use as proof. The Palo Alto Weekly called it “almost completely incomprehensible,” and a juror later pointed to it as proof that she was not in a good enough state to give consent.

A supervising criminalist for Santa Clara County used mostly hypothetical situations to figure out how much alcohol was in Turner and Doe’s blood at 1 a.m.

Turner said that he had not had much experience with alcohol before, which could have been a mitigating factor. But the texts he sent and received on his cell phone in the year before he was arrested in 2015 showed that he talked a lot about drinking. His text messages also showed that he used drugs that were illegal. Turner was arrested on campus in 2014 for drinking at a young age.


Doe said that the last thing she remembered was around midnight, and she didn’t remember the calls she made to her sister and her sister’s friend soon after. A paramedic who came to help her said she didn’t respond to a “shake and shout” test, but her eyes opened when he pinched her nail beds. Doe was able to cough and spit out her vomit before being taken away in an ambulance. In a report from January 19, the paramedic said that she was in a level 11 coma on the Glasgow Coma Scale.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.