Fortnite Update Today
Epic Games announced the plans to release a new update for PS5, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, PC, Nintendo Switch and Android. Fortnite update 22.20 release date is October 18 and a 9 AM BST UK launch time. As a major update, the download will accompany a period of extended server downtime, which starts when matchmaking is disabled at 8.30 AM. Scroll down to know about the Fortnite update today.
How Long Will Fortnite Be Down?
So, there is a major update and anybody already in a game can play until 9 AM BST, which is when maintenance starts in full. There’s no word on when server downtime will end. Expect the game to come back online by 11 AM.
The Fortnite Status Twitter says,
“Fortnitemares returns in v22.20!
Downtime for this update begins at 4 AM ET with matchmaking being disabled shortly beforehand.”
Fortnite Server Downtime
The Fortnite Update 22.20 begins parallel to Fortnite’s server downtime on October 17, 2022, at 10:00 AM. Usually, the servers are offline for up to 2.5 hours. You can then play the game as usual.
The Fortnitemares Halloween event became the headline component launching as part of update 22.20. This includes bonus challenges, free items, and different spooky map changes.
Fortnite 22.20 Update Patch Notes
Battle Royale fixes
• “Use a Port-A-Bunker in different matches” will not always count the progress
– The weekly search to “Use a Port-A-Bunker in different matches” might not always register the advancement toward completion.
• Reboot card might sink if got eliminated in water
– We’re aware of an issue that could cause an allies reboot card to sink if it got eliminated in water.
• Vehicle UI sometimes doesn’t switch back to regular UI after departing the vehicle.
• Right Stick on controller rotates items & navigates the menu
– We’re aware that using RS on the controller now rotates items but navigates through menus.
• Players can’t see the EvoChrome evolutions’ progress in competitive playlists.
– Players cannot see their EvoChrome evolutions’ progress only while playing in competitive playlists. This will be fixed in a future game update.
• Menu options on a few devices might not open after exiting to the hub and reentering the Island
– If creators add the Boulder Physics device or Tree Physics device to their Island and leave to the hub, the device’s menu will no longer occur after reentering the Island.
• Glass Galleries will not show placement while copying and cutting them on Islands
– When using Glass Prop Gallery or Glass Gallery and copying, cutting, and pasting, no placement was shown.
• The Damage Volume appears as a grey texture
– The Damage Volume was showing as a grey opaque texture instead of transparent.
• Phone Tool disappears when the player character respawns in Creative
– Workaround: Return to the Creative Hub and reenter your island.
Mobile and Cloud fixes
• Water floating above the ground
– There was a visual problem that caused water to appear as if it was floating above the ground across the map.
Disclaimer: The above information is for general informational purposes only. All information on the Site is provided in good faith, however we make no representation or warranty of any kind, express or implied, regarding the accuracy, adequacy, validity, reliability, availability or completeness of any information on the Site.