Missing: Mary Anderson, Found Dead in Vermont, Know More

Mary Anderson

The 23-year-old Harvard, Massachusetts, resident Mary Anderson was described by her “tight-knit” family as a strong, beautiful young woman who went through a difficult breakup and was still grieving the death of her own brother over the past year. Mary Anderson was discovered dead in Vermont on Tuesday.

The last time Sheila Anderson’s daughter was spotted leaving a friend’s house in Hudson, New Hampshire, was about 10:30 p.m. on Saturday, Sheila Anderson told NBC10 Boston on Tuesday night. The Anderson family began to worry when they learned she had never returned home on Sunday morning. Anderson’s body was discovered inside her pickup in Brattleboro, Vermont, some days after she vanished, they would later learn.

Who Was She?

“Mary was very strong-headed, athletic, loving, beautiful. She was just a beautiful daughter,” Sheila told reporters through tears before an emotional candlelight vigil Tuesday night at a church in Harvard, where Anderson’s family was surrounded by dozens of loved ones.

What Happned to Her?

Police shot and killed Matthew Davis on Tuesday night in Vermont. He was Mary Anderson’s ex-boyfriend and was wanted for questioning in relation to her abduction and killing. After discovering Anderson’s death inside of her navy blue Toyota Tacoma on Elliot Street in Brattleboro just before 1 a.m. Tuesday, authorities said they wanted to speak with Davis.

The Fitchburg, Massachusetts, resident, 34, was regarded as armed, dangerous, and of interest.

Davis was reportedly discovered by police in West Brattleboro, Vermont, just before 8 o’clock. When Davis was shot during a dispute with Vermont State Police and the Brattleboro Police Department, according to police, he was carrying a knife. There were also two detectives from the Massachusetts State Police nearby.


Around 5:30 a.m. on Tuesday, detectives arrived at the Andersons’ residence in Harvard. The look on their faces, according to Sheila Anderson, gave away the bad news. She was informed by the investigators that a body matching the description of her daughter had been discovered in Vermont. According to her, police searched the house for almost five hours. She was told to be patient since she wouldn’t know the full story until they did.

Unusually, Mary Anderson’s relatives had informed the police that they had not spoken to her. Although Sheila Anderson told NBC10 Boston she doesn’t know what happened to her daughter, she thinks Davis was waiting for her outside their Harvard house on Saturday.

That’s all about Mary Anderson’s missing update. If you find anything that needs correction, please comment below. Your feedback is valuable to us.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.